Pathways refers to…
- The path that students will take after they leave this school
- The preparation and education they receive to assist them to understand the options available to them
- The capacity to decide on the tertiary or further education, training, or employment that best meets their needs
- The capacity to make informed choices in relation to confidently embarking on the pathway they have chosen
- This school’s capacity to track the students’ choices in the year after they leave school so we can assess how successful we have been in launching them into this next stage
Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre
Students in the process of choosing courses once they leave school need to be very familiar with the information found on the website of the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) who manage the entry of students into almost all post secondary school courses.
Vocational Education and Training
Blackburn High School does not currently offer any Vocational Education and Training (VET) subjects. The VET programs undertaken by our students are sourced from other providers. Some students undertake VET programs on Wednesday afternoons, where every effort is made to keep the timetable free of any VCE classes.