Expanding students’ minds in creative and innovative ways
Students are taught questioning strategies, problem-solving skillls, decision-making, and the language of thinking reflectively, critically and creatively. Our approach is enquiry-based learning through the explicit teaching of thinking skills to guide our students’ intellectual development around a central, overarching question in all four core subject areas – English, Science, Maths and Humanities.
Through the following overarching questions students investigate, explore and challenge the ideas and actions of writers, philosophers, social thinkers, mathematicians and scientists.
- Year 7: How did thinkers of the ancient world make sense of the world?
- Year 8: What does it mean to be human?
- Year 9: What is the relationship between ethics, morality and citizenship?
Students will have the opportunity to access an early VCE pathway:
- Year 10: Students may undertake Units 1 and 2 VCE subject/s. This will depend upon meeting the academic requirements and subject availability.
- Year 11 Students may undertake Units 3 and 4 VCE subject/s. This will depend upon meeting the academic requirements and subject availability