There are two types of reports.
Parents will receive an Interim Report at the end of Term1 and Term 3. The purpose of the Interim Report is to provide parents with up-to-date information on the progress of their child in the following areas:
- Completion of Set Tasks
These reports will also alert parents as to whether an Interview at the Student Progress Conferences is recommended or required.
Parents will receive a Semester Report at the end of Term 2 and Term 4. The purpose of the Semester Report is to provide parents with the following information:
- Learning Task Ratings on Common Assessment Tasks for 7-10 Reports.
- Tasks are assessed on an A+ to E rating.
- For VCE reports, parents will be notified of the Outcomes, the child’s progress in relation to School Assessed Coursework or School Assessed Tasks as well as whether the students have received an “S” for Satisfactory and “N” for Not Satisfactory to meet the Outcomes.
- Parents will be notified of work habits – Effort and Behaviour
- Suggestions on how the student can improve
Reporting to Students:
Students at Blackburn High School receive regular, on-going feedback from their teachers.
The goal of formative assessment is to monitor student learning to provide ongoing feedback that can be used by the staff to improve their teaching and by students to improve their learning. More specifically, formative assessments: help students identify their strengths and weaknesses and target areas that need work
The goal of summative assessment is to evaluate student learning at the end of an instructional unit by comparing it against a standard or benchmark.